Safety

SOLID CARBON DIOXIDE (DRY ICE) CAS 124-38-9

  • Extremely cold solid (-110°F). Avoid contact with exposed flesh, can cause severe frostbite.
  • Dry ice evaporates (sublimes) to form carbon dioxide gas which does not support life. Do not breathe gas! Exposure can cause rapid suffocation!
  • Exposure can cause respiratory distress and eventual suffocation.
  • Carbon Dioxide gas is heavier than air, especially when cold,
    and can accumulate in low areas such as floors and confined
    spaces such as pits, basements and tank bottoms where it
    can cause suffocation.
  • Do not enter areas where carbon dioxide vapor may have
    accumulated without first testing for carbon dioxide and
    oxygen content.
  • Store and use with adequate ventilation.
  • Do not store in tight container. Pressure developed as solid evaporates (sublimes) could burst air tight containers.
  • Wear suitable clothing and gloves when handling.
  • Use only with equipment designed for low temperatures.
  • Non-Flammable - does not support combustion.
  • Use in accordance with supplier's material safety data sheet.

FIRST AID: IN CASE OF FROST BITE, OBTAIN MEDICAL TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY. IF INHALED, MOVE TO FRESH AIR. IF NOT BREATHING, GIVE ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION, PREFERABLY MOUTH-TO-MOUTH. IF BREATHING IS DIFFICULT, GIVE OXYGEN. CALL A PHYSICIAN OR POISON CONTROL.

Download Safety Sheet [ Download ]

Click here to locate an Authorized Dry Ice Corp Distributor or Dry Ice Corp Branch Near you!