Some of the challenging cleaning jobs in power generation facilities are the tiniest. When grime and dust gather around the most delicate electrical equipment, such as circuit boards and control panels, some plant operators do time-consuming and tedious hand cleaning. Others might put off the cleaning of breakers, switch gears, and motor windings because of the damage risk. However, delay carries its chance of damage as accumulated debris and dirt can result in equipment damage, fire, and shorts. So, how can dry ice blasting help power plant operators?
Reliance on Dry Ice Blasting
That’s why many power plant operators depend on dry ice blasting. This approach can blast away stubborn coatings and debris but can be applied with dusting safe enough for the most delicate electrical equipment. In addition, such adaptability makes it effective at blasting away debris like bird waste that collects on exposed surfaces. Also, dry ice blasting can help power plant operators cleaning of gas turbines and generator cores.
Moreover, dry ice blasting is a water-free process with a non-flammable, non-abrasive, and non-conducive spray of carbon dioxide ice pellets that leaves behind no secondary waste or chemicals. Plus, dry ice blasting minimizes downtime. Unlike water-blasting or abrasive chemical methods, dry ice cleaning is quick. So, downtime can be scheduled for a part of a day instead of multiple days. Depending on the application, various-sized ice pellets can be utilized, from nuggets to rice-sized or shaved block ice.
The Benefits of Dry Ice for Power Plant Cleaning
Dry ice blasting can help power plant operators by:
- Enhancing readings
- Increasing polarization indices
- Minimizing cleaning time and production-line disruption. This allows operators to dry ice blasts while the machine it’s still running and reduces downtime.
- Removing wear and tear
- Cleaning in place; no necessary cool down
- It doesn’t require complete parts disassembly
- Increases productivity. An easy cleansing practice that cleans every detail without utilizing harmful chemicals.
- Environmentally safe since it’s a chemical-free and water-free process. Since dry ice is odorless, the electrical machine will not contribute to global warming during the dry blasting cleaning process.
Order Your Dry Ice Online Today!
Dry Ice Corp is the largest regional supplier of dry ice and related products in the Northeastern United States. Our ice is fresh and delivered right to your doorstep. We are happy to help you determine the best way to ship your goods, whether you have a huge number of cookies or a single pie, and help you select the perfect amount of dry ice for the job. Give us a call at (201) 767-3200, or contact us online for a quote. To connect with us online, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.