More “Cool” Dry Ice Tricks
Last week, to celebrate April Fools’ Day, we wrote a blog post with a few fun pranks to play with dry ice. We had some fun with that one, so we wanted to come back with a few more cool things to do with dry ice. These are less “prank-y” and more “trick-y,” but we think they’re pretty neat nonetheless. Before we get started, we’re going to give you the same warning we gave you last week:
We love to have fun with dry ice as much as the next guy, but safety always comes first. Make sure you read up on dry ice safety before trying any of these tricks.
Okay — let’s get to the good stuff!
“Cool” Dry Ice Tricks
The Party That Started Itself
- Break up a block of dry ice into pieces about the size of small stones.
- Carefully and safely put a piece or two into a balloon and tie it off.
- You’ll notice almost immediately that the balloon begins inflating itself as the dry ice sublimates.
- If you work quickly, you can fill a basket with seemingly-deflated balloons and watch your party guests be amazed as the party gets started with science!
The Shrieking Spoon and the Quaking Quarter
- This one is easy. For the shrieking spoon, all you have to do is take a large metal spoon and press it onto a block of dry ice. It’ll let out a horrible squealing noise. Easy as pie.
- For the quaking quarter, stick it into the block of dry ice sideways and it’ll start shaking aggressively. You can also make the quarter scream like the spoon by laying it flat and pressing down
- Pro tip: Use gloves for these tricks, because the metal will conduct the cold quite quickly.
- Toss some crushed dry ice into a big clear bowl. Wait for it to sublimate completely and turn invisible.
- Blow the biggest bubble you can and try to land it right in the middle of the bowl. Instead of hitting the bottom and popping, it’ll float on top of the denser-than-air CO2, like magic!
Dry Ice Corp: A Dry Ice Supplier in Maryland
Dry Ice Corp is the largest regional supplier of dry ice products and customized delivery services in the Northeastern United States, from Virginia all the way up to Maine. And because our dry ice is supplied by manufacturing plants located right here in the Northeast, we can guarantee freshness. Other suppliers, meanwhile, get their dry ice from manufacturing plants as much as 1,000 miles away, which has a direct impact on product freshness. Play online games on the friv games site with the whole family. Only the best online games are presented on this mega portal. Ready to get your dry ice? Click here!
Dry Ice Corp provides the highest levels of service and freshest dry ice products.
Contact Dry Ice Corp for a FREE Quote!
If you have any questions about using Dry Ice to ship seafood, please contact Dry Ice Corp by calling 201.767.3200. You can also connect with Dry Ice Corp on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest.